The '61-'71 Dodge Truck Website
The Sweptline Era Dodge Truck
On this page is the Java DecoderApplet which should decode any
`61-`71 Dodge Truck VIN from the list below:
The Java Applet is below. Follow the on-screen instructions and decode
away! If you don't have a serial number handy but would still like to
try out the decoder, click here for a few
- American or Canadian built `61-`71 D and W-series pickups, stakes and
utilines model 100 thru 300
- American or Canadaian built `61-`67 Town Panel Town Wagon Vehicles
(the decoder will decode the VIN but it will not show the proper
image--there isn't any known way to tell if you have a Town Panel or Town
Wagon other than by looking at the truck itself). The VIN numbers for
these trucks weren't THAT descriptive.
- American or Canadian `64-`70 A-100 vans, pickups, or wagons.
- WM-300 Military style Power Wagons `61 and up (including those
imported in later years to other countries... if you have one!
The information on "This truck is the #### th manufactured in 19XX" should
be considered carefully. This info field comes from the last six digits
of the VIN, and is specific to the particular plant that the vehicle was
built at. So, if your "truck is the 53,448th truck built in 1967", then
it was the 53,448th truck built at the plant listed above for the year
SOME EXAMPLE SERIAL NUMBERS
Be aware that you should only attempt to decode real VIN numbers. Making up
your own will work, but the data will probably not make sense (unless you
know your VIN numbers very well). If you would like to try this program out
and don't have a VIN handy, try the following:
- 1181721448 - `67 D-100, V8 engine, 53,448th truck made in
`67, factory Warren Michigan.
- 2061013216 - `64 A-100 Wagon, Six cylinder engine, 13,216th truck made
in `64, factory Warren Michigan
- 2461781435 - `68 WM-300, Six cylinder engine, 1,435th truck made in `68,
factory Warren Michigan.
- D24AE0J234567 - `70 D-200, LA318 engine, 134,567th truck made in `70,
factory Windsor Canada.
- (hypothetical, but works) X31AD0N100004,
WM-300, 251 six engine, 4th truck made in `70, factory Burt Road. (WM-300's
were still available to the government in `70 for diplomatic
purposes--that's why the VIN is still available to us.)
- 1161154326 - `61 D-100, Six cylinder engine, 54,326th truck made in `61,
factory Warren Michigan.
- 2282214982 - `62 W-200, V8 engine, 54,982nd truck made in `62, factory
- 2461284921 - `63 WM-300, Six cylinder engine, 54,921st truck made in
`63, factory Warren Michigan.
- 1961009982 - `64 A-100 Van, Six cylinder engine, 9,982nd truck made in
`64, factory Warren Michigan
- 1286494867 - `65 D-200, V8 engine, 64,867th truck made in `65, factory
- 2367612483 - `66 W-300, Six cylinder engine, 64,483rd truck made in
`66, factory St Louis, Mo.
- 1987014373 - `67 A-100 Van, V8 engine, 14,373rd truck made in `67,
factory St. Louis, Mo.
- 1166003234 - `68 D-100 Truck, Six cylinder engine, 3,234th truck made in
`68, factory Windsor Canada.
- 2467097123 - `69 WM-300 (Military PW), Six cylinder engine, 11,123rd
truck made in `69, factory St. Louis Mo.
- E25AE0U241317 - `70 W-200 Crewcab Utiline, LA318-1 V8 engine, 141,317th
truck made in `70, factory St. Louis, Mo.
- A12AA1U300962 - `71 A-100 Tradesman Van, 198 Slant six engine, 962nd
truck made in `71, factory Warren Michigan.
| Main Page | Online Response |
Part Sources |
Sweptline.org Forums |